Friday, 28 June 2013

Busy Beeeees


I've been a busy bee! I have been teaching myself letterpress at uni. Their print rooms are amazing, will take some more photos next week, but here are todays efforts below...

Setting up the varying sized letters was the hardest part... a bit like like a frustrating jigsaw puzzle with all the wrong size pieces. But i was feeling quite smug that no letters feel out on my first go (should hope so too it took long enough!)

I also had my first etching lesson so thats what i shall be playing with next week! 



You can see from the first print the I needs raising up a bit. I might do some nonsense sentences too just to get to grips with how it all works when the type is one size. I have been thinking about laser cutting my own font... 



anyway speaking of busy bees, here are some lovely tired tree bees having a sugar drink and a nice hot water bottle...


x




No comments: