Sunday, 5 May 2013

The great big miniature essay

My 8000 word essay is due rather soon, its about miniature in children's literature. Its given me a marvellous excuse to pore over my favourite childhood books, discover brand new ones and drink a hell of alot of coffee. (no such thing as too much caffeine when a deadline is looming!)

Here are some photos i've taken, because a. i need a writing break and b. im putting off the epic task of scanning a billion illustrations!



Looking at my desk I realise I'm very fortunate to get to read so many marvellous books for uni, i have spent the last few nights reading 'The borrowers' in bed! So I really ought not complain so much about having to write an essay. 

An old favourite, 'Brambley Hedge' (i wish i could live in that tree)
and a reasonably new discovery, 'The Shrinking of Treehorn' (edward gorey illustrations- mmmm!)



Twenty years have gone by and my reading habits haven't changed all that much! (thanks mum!)


hope you are all enjoying the three day weekend!

x

No comments: